Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Sundress for Delaney From Vintage Linens

Just click on the photos to enlarge them for better viewing.
 Here is the little sundress for Delaney Kate.  It is made from a vintage hand embroidered pillowcase.  Finding vintage cotton embroidered pillowcases in colors other than white is hard to do.  This was from a set I very happily found several years ago.  I made the other pillowcase into a sundress using the same pattern but in a smaller size ( view:  here) and used different trims on the bodice.

This was a lot of fun for me to make.  I love finding, using, and re-purposing vintage linens with beautiful handwork.  This one has both hand embroidery and a lovely crocheted edging.  I used "Madora's Sundress & Jumper" by Beaucoup in the size 4.  It is an old pattern that can still be found in heirloom sewing shops and on-line.   I added some cluny lace from my stash on the bodice.


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails