Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teapot Handle Cozy

 Yes, I made a teapot handle cozy.  You're reaction is probably one of these two:
                       *  Oh, my goodness!  Karen has finally gone around the bend.  Bless her heart!
                                                                          or
                       *  Wow!  I like it!  My teapot handle gets hot, too!  I want one!
Needless to say, I am in love with it and I gave it away!  So you know, I will be making another one for me and one for my daughter, Victoria-Rose.  The friend I gave it to with the teapot chuckled and said, "Only you, Karen.  Only you!"

I am going to play around with the dimensions a bit to cover the handles of different pots a little less snugly.  If anyone is interested in me putting the pattern up here with a mini tutorial, please let me know in the comment section.

 I found the original pattern in an old Creative Needle magazine.  Their's was hand embroidered and embellished with French lace.  Mine is made from an old Madeira applique apron that was badly stained and worn, thin fusible batting, and some cluny lace.  Each side of the little cozy has a different design and it is lined in white cotton.
The vintage table runner the teapot is sitting on is a Hospice Resale find.  It is in perfect condition and has the most interesting floral design of pansies.  (One of my favorite flowers.)  I believe that it is a combination of Swedish weaving and traditional embroidery.  If you know if this combination has a specific name, I'd love to know what it is.

On a bit of a side note, I do LOVE tea and have discovered a lovely tea blend at Teavana.  It is equal parts Jasmine Dragon Pearls (green) and Sakura Allure (an amazingly aromatic herbal).  (You have to ask them to blend it for you.)  The tea smells heavenly and with a half teaspoon of sugar, tastes divine!  For a 6-cup pot, you will need 4-5 rounded teaspoons full in an infuser, steeped for two minutes.

Have a wonderful day and make time for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails