Monday, March 20, 2017

Chloe's First Bunny Dress

Spring is in the Air!

When my little friend Chloe was three, I was enchanted by some little dresses I saw on Pinterest.  They featured a bunny head on the bodice with 3-D details.  I followed the link to Ruby Jean's Closet on Etsy and purchased the PDF pattern.  (The pattern as well as some others from this designer ccan now be purchased in paper form from Simpicity.)  I used the applique and pattern pieces for the bunny but did not use the dress pattern.  Instead, I used a pattern I had in my stash and knew would fit her:  "Jennie Carra" by Petite Poche'.  The fabrics were some Susan Winget prints I had in my stash.  I loved how the dress came out and Chloe and her mommy were asked often where the dress came from.  It was a hit!  She wore that dress until it was way too short and I knew I would have to make her another!





Image result for peter rabbit quotes

3 comments:

  1. Utterly charming. I can imagine it was very hard to get Chloe to wear anything else for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so cute! I love the fabrics combined with the dimensional bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Chloe is three in these pictures. It had been hard to get both Chloe and her mother to admit it was way, way too small. She even wore it last year (age 5) as a tunic with leggings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails