Monday, July 23, 2012

A Sundress of Daisies for Delaney Kate

Click on the photos to enlarge the images.

Hello! It has been too long since I posted anything!



If you have been a "follower" of this blog, please accept my apologies for the long absence. I stopped posting when we found out that my husband had prostate cancer and then just when we thought he was on the road to recovery, he had a heart attack. He is fine now, thank God! Unfortunately, my mother became increasingly ill and died this past winter. She is thought of with love and missed everyday. The day before she died, she said that she wanted "to see Jesus, now". It gives me joy to know that she is with Him.

It has been hard for me to get back into the swing of blogging but I am ready to jump back in! I may not have been blogging, but I have been sewing, smocking, embroidering, and even doing a little crocheting! Get ready, for I am committing to at least one blog per week.



First up: a little sun dress using the pattern Baby Annie by Primrose Lane. It ties on the shoulder and has a back button opening and a placket in the skirt. This makes it so much easier to get on and off a squirmy baby. Delaney Kate was about 10 months old when I made this outfit.  I made the 12 months size and it fit her beautifully. The fabrics are cotton coordinates from my stash that I purchased some time ago from Jo Ann Fabric Store. I don't remember what pattern I used for the fancy pants but I just finished the edges of the ruffles and gathered them down the middle and sewed them on with the center of the ruffles about an inch lower than the sides. The teething toy was adapted from a pattern in an old Creative Needle magazine with the little face hand embroidered. The bib is one I designed using the shape from one in another old magazine. The ensemble looked adorable on Delaney Kate with her big blue eyes. I know she wore it often and had some professional photos taken while wearing it. 


 You can purchase the pattern in some heirloom shops or at the designers website:

http://www.primroselanepatterns.com/





2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom and the rough go of it with your husband's health. ((hugs)) But I'm glad to see you back blogging!

    The outfit is adorable. I love the mix of fabrics that you used.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back at it, Karen. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's missed you. Incidentally, do you know that you are a "nonreply" blogger? I wanted to answer you when you commented on my blog, but couldn't. Please change that so we can talk online more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails