Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yazmine's Purple Butterfly Sundress

As a kindergarten teacher in the public school system I am always so grateful for parents who volunteer their time to help me and my students with special projects, book clubs, field trips, etc.  I usually have a couple of volunteers every year who go above and beyond to help in any way they can.  Yazmine's mom was one of those parents.  She volunteered nearly every week and stayed for several hours.  Teachers often give their regular volunteers a parting gift.  I usually sew something for one of their children and call them Thank You Dresses.
This is the back of the dress with the sash tied.
This pretty sundress (hanging very 'wonky' on the hanger) is in Yazmine's favorite color with her favorite insect (mine, too!).   I tied the sash too tightly for the picture and caused the bodice front to be distorted. You'll have to believe me when I say that the pattern sews up beautifully.   I used another of the special patterns by Primrose Lane.  It is the companion pattern to the one I wrote about in my last post called Annie's Sundress and Jumper.   All sizes 2-12 are included in the pattern!   Primrose Lane also has a matching 18 inch doll dress available.

(http://www.primroselanepatterns.com/)

Remember:  photos are clickable to see the images in a larger format.


The removable waist decoration is made with Venice lace, grosgrain ribbon and an antique mother of pearl button and is attached with a jewelry pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails