Sunday, April 4, 2010

Emma's Flights of Fancies

Happy Easter! Happy Spring! I hope that you are having a lovely day with your families or friends. My sweet daughter sang in the church choir this morning. Lovely! Later this afternoon we will be going to my wonderful sister's home for dinner. She is having more than 22 people! My only job is the deserts. My husband's job is to bring extra chairs and tables. We sure are getting off easy! Thank you, Kathleen!

What can be more evocative of Spring than butterflies? (Especially PINK ones!) This little size 2 outfit was made for the cutest little blonde blue-eyed charmer. This is the sixth special outift I have made for her. I finished it last Sunday and I believe Emma wore it to see the Easter Bunny this past week.
I used a pattern from one of the Big Four companies but altered it a bit to make it more heirloom in appeal. The original pattern called for a single layer bodice, bias binding at the neck, and a back zipper. I completely lined the bodice and changed the closure to a button back style. The little buttons in the back are mother-of-pearl flowers.

Back View

The sleeves are cute with the little inverted pleat at the bottom.

I will post pictures of this one modeled by Miss Emma soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a precious pinafore dress, Karen! I adore the piping trim you used on the collar & the butterfly fabric is just wonderful. I know they were very pleased with this creation. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pink beauties! I do love this butterfly material. xoxo, Jana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails