Saturday, April 3, 2010

Aurora's Eyelet Easter Ensemble

Oh, I really love white eyelet dresses! I love pink and green, too, and roses are my favorite flower. Can you tell that I enjoyed making this three-piece ensemble?
Sweet Aurora is 9 months old and is visiting her grandparents here in Florida for Easter. Her grandmother's reaction when she first saw the dress really made my day. She cried! Unfortunately, my photos aren't good. I took them at 6:30 AM in a big hurry and the bonnet pictures were the worst. Please take my word for it: The bonnet was just darling (even if I do say so myself!). The bonnet ribbons are silk satin and I embroidered the same rose on each bonnet loop as the roses on the smocking. The back closes with button loops and mother-of-pearl buttons in which I embroidered more roses.
The dress is one that I have made before but with a different smocking plate. This time I used a 1987 plate by Ellen McCarn called 'Katherine'.




3 comments:

  1. this just couldn't be any more precious!!! You do a fabulous job on those bullions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love your bullion roses. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! I think of you both as premiere heirloom sewists and your words are high praise to me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails