Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cassidy's Bunny Dress


This is one of my all time favorite creations. I made it three years ago for my godchild Cassidy's third birthday. My inspiration was the "Teddy Bear's Picnic" dress in AS&E # 75. She adores that stuffed gray bunny and has since very shortly after her birth. 'Bunny' appears in many pictures of Cassidy over the years. He really bears no resemblance to the bunny he once was but like the Velveteen Rabbit, he has become 'real'. He is so precious that he no longer leaves the house for fear that he might get lost.

I used another pattern in the same AS&E issue to make the size 3 dress and based the flowers and bees on the ones in the floral cotton print. As I had hoped, the dress was beloved and will be a keepsake to be saved along with 'Bunny'. I hope that I will be able to create a similar dress with an embroidered 'lovey' for her baby sister (due in May) someday!

1 comment:

  1. Karen I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails