Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Taylor's Bunny Bonnet & Little Lizard King 'Astoria Playsuit'



If we could all remember
what it was to be a child
the world would be
 a more pleasant place.
Tammy R. Eledge

Sweet Baby Taylor is the daughter of Kristen, another of my wonderful teammates at school.  She was just over a year old when I made this sunsuit set last April  She has amazing motor skills.  She was full-on walking at nine months without holding on to anything!  She is fast, too!  The only non-blurry photos I was able to take of her in this outfit were when she was lying down!

Just look at that sweet face!




The sunsuit is a PDF pattern from Little Lizard King.  It was the first time I made it and it was an enjoyable sew.  The finish inside is very nice with all enclosed seams.  The front piece is lined and encloses the back pieces.   I used pink plastic snaps on the bottom which was my first experience with plastic ones.  I was thrilled with how easy and fast the application was and I am hopeful that they will stand the test of time like the ones made of metal.


I used a vintage Madeira hand towel and some really nice eyelet edging to embellish the front of the sunsuit and a wider eyelet for the flutters on the shoulder straps.
Patterns:  'Astoria' by Little Lizard King,
 'Bunny Baby Bonnet' by Polluted Pixie on Etsy,
 bib pattern: unknown.
Fabrics, Etc.:  vintage linens, trims & eyelets from my stash,
 floral fabric from stash (?) and yellow Kona cotton broadcloth


I absolutely loved making the bunny eared bonnet!  Soooooooo cute!  I even made another for a dear friend's new granddaughter that I will blog about another day.  The pattern pieces go together well and the directions were easy to follow.


Thank you for reading my blog!  I hope your day is filled with sunshine and flowers (even if it is only the figurative kind)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails