Friday, July 26, 2019

Kate's LLK Charleston Baby Set


I am fortunate to have some wonderful volunteers in my kindergarten classroom.  I am blessed!  I have never had a field trip that was under chaperoned and have had amazing help over the years putting together large portfolios full of school work and scrap-booked photos for my students.  My daughter Victoria-Rose is one that comes through for me every year and makes the portfolios something to be cherished.  Another mother came in this past year and spent many Friday mornings helping to build these large binders full of memories.  To thank her, I made her littlest one an outfit.  Little Kate is two and a little blond beauty.  Both mama and Kate love purple and I wanted to make a PDF pattern I had purchased from Little Lizard King (Link: HERE).  It turned out to be the perfect combination!


Pattern:  Little Lizard King  "Baby Charleston", size 2 with a 3 length
Fabrics:  JoAnn 

My little lopsided mannequin is too small for this size but was adequate for the photos.

I made three buttonholes on the straps for adjusting the fit as Kate grows.  The little bloomers have a decorative lavender shell button to denote the front for little Kate's attempts at self dressing.  "Button over your belly button!"


The inside of the pattern finishes nicely.  I was assured that it fit well and that Kate loved the outfit.   I enjoyed sewing a new pattern and love the batik fabric.  There really is no right or wrong side and washing the fabric, as I always do before cutting, didn't create lots of wrinkles. 

 This was a very pleasant sewing experience!


Thank you for reading!  Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails