Thursday, July 11, 2019

Pajama Party Baby Dolls For Chloe


Well, it has been a long hiatus from blogging but not from sewing!  There are many things that I have been creating that I would like to document and share.  The first item up is from several years ago.  Sweet Chloe was midway through first grade and practicing for a class musical performance of "Pajama Party".  (I can't believe that in August Chloe will be in fourth grade! Where does the time go??!!)  Her mama, my wonderful friend Kaye, was searching for old fashioned baby doll shortie pajamas without any luck.  Two days before the performance she asked me if I knew of any other place she should look.  I have to admit I rolled my eyes a bit and exclaimed,  "Only in my sewing room!  Two days, Kaye!"  

 

Pajama Top:  Self drafted
Bottoms:  Pantaloons from "Christy", an old Kaye Guiles pattern
Fabrics:  Tanja Whelan florals from the stash
Trims:  stash

I started with Chloe's measurements and Kaye's general design idea and drafted a super simple design made fancy with special trims from my stash of goodies.  The top was made just from Chloe's measurements and the bottoms were adapted/shortened from a pantaloon pattern in "Christy" by Kaye Guiles, one of my favorites from 20 years ago.





I decided to make the waist 'paper bag style'.

 

Getting all 'dolled up' in her mama's classroom the night of the performance.

I put bows on everything!  Even the stuffy and Chloe's slippers!
Dance moves from the show just for us!  She rocked it on stage, too!

Check out that dimple!

This move is part of a song where the mom says,  "Pick up your toys!"


 I do adore this child!


3 comments:

  1. She is absolutely adorable! I can't believe you just whipped that outfit up for her, fabulous job! Blessings, Loni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ladies, for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails