Monday, July 15, 2019

Pillowcase Blouse & Twirly Skirt for a School Raffle

"Never underestimate the power of a woman with a sewing machine!"



Well, while going through photos to blog some of the older sewing projects I discovered this little outfit that I had completely forgotten about.  I made this set about ten years ago and gave it to our PTA to raffle at a Fall fund raiser.  


The blouse was fashioned from a vintage cross stitched pillowcase.  I added the gingham ribbon flowers and used a simple peasant top pattern.  The hem of the pillowcase was machine scalloped.

The skirt is a tiered design that I made without a pattern.  I just made gradually wider rectangles.  I believe that I used bias binding on the hem.  


I do love using vintage linens in my sewing creations!  Do you?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails