Saturday, June 30, 2018

Project Run & Play Season 16 Signature Style Sew-Along Part 1

Sweet Summer Sisters 


Oh my stars!  These girls!

These sweet little sisters are Harper (age 5) and Rory (age 3) and I have the delightful pleasure of not only working with their mommy, an amazing kindergarten teacher, but I have the pleasure of seeing the girls often.  They always seem very pleased with the little gifts I make them and enjoy wearing them.  When Rory was given another skirt recently she said, "For meeeee?", and hugged it!  

I think these two have me wrapped around their fingers almost as tight as Chloe does!


I originally thought that these would be posted for the "Sew Your Stash" sew-along challenge on Project Run & Play.  I had them sewn and we photographed them at the children's museum on the same day as the three entries I got blogged in time for that contest.  I just couldn't get this set blogged quickly enough.  There are enough details in the outfits to qualify for what I consider My Signature Style so I decided to save them for this week.  

Harper's outfit consists of two pieces using Oliver + S patterns.  The top is a free pattern for a ruffled halter top and the skirt is a favorite pattern, the  "Swingset Skirt".  I have lost track of how many times I have made it and in how many ways.  Maybe I'll make a post someday on just that skirt pattern!


Patterns:  "Swingset Skirt" by Oliver + S, size 4
Ruffled Halter Top by Oliver + S (free:  found HERE), size 5/6
Blouse Fabrics:  Leftover eyelets from previous projects and Venice lace
Skirt Fabrics:  Floral mystery fabric that has "mellowed" in the stash for years and leftover white satin batiste for the lining.

The only changes made to the skirt were to add a button on the front waistband to denote the front for a five year old and to use just one 3/4 inch wide elastic in the waist casing.  Changes to the blouse:   I cut the fabrics on the bias but just couldn't leave them raw.  I narrow rolled hems using a hem rolling foot on my machine and added lace to each ruffle and under the drawstring casing at the neck.  

The bandaids are badges of courage.  Harper had her five year old
shots for kindergarten that morning.
 Rory's sun dress is made with the same floral print with added ribbon, buttons, and Swiss edging and insertion from my stash.  This is a free pattern from The Cottage Mama.  I particularly like that the bodice front and back is lined to the underarm section making the the underarms finished without a bias binding.


 Pattern:  "Summer Picnic Dress" by the Cottage Mama 
(Free:  found HERE), size 3


The biggest change I made to this dress was to increase the width of the skirts by three inches and to increase the width of the ruffles.  Adding the trims to the little bodice and the bottom of the skirt was the "icing on the cake"!


They are really as sweet 'in real life' as they are in these photographs!


 Harper is so intelligent and has such a tender heart!  She is such a good big sister!


Rory is fun and funny as well as so loving!


Sisters & Best Friends


I enjoyed making these outfits for these cuties and the photo shoot was my "icing on the cake"!
Please check the fabulous contestant entries HERE 
and the Sew-Along entries HERE at Project Run & Play.
  So inspiring!  

2 comments:

  1. And didn't they love modelling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! I love the ruffles on the front of Harper's top, and the Summer Picnic dress is always darling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails