Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"S" is for Sweet September's Valentine Dress


Dress Front
 This will be a 'quickie' post to share a dress I made two years ago and never posted!  I have a couple of Valentine Posts that I want to share this month so I better 'hop to it'!    I was given the printed fabric by September's grandmother to fashion into a dress that she could wear to a Valentine's Dance.  It was a warm February here in Florida and only a little white sweater would be needed to keep her arms warm when she wasn't inside at the dance so a sun-dress style was chosen.

I used a favorite 'go-to' pattern:  Annie's Sundress and Jumper by Primrose Lane.  It has all sizes, 2-12, and has a shoulder button closure view, too.  I added the sash and the hem border.  I had the perfect color Kona cotton solid to coordinate and the sweet trims in my stash.
Dress Back
Do you make Valentine's Day clothes?  Here they are often worn by children all February long.  I recently made some things with hearts for Valentine's Day that could be worn any day that I will share soon.

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still... loves you!"

3 comments:

  1. This is really sweet! I love the dainty trims. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a precious dress. Perfect for a special dance.:)

    Last year, I made sure each of my younger girls had a heart top to wear but I didn't have time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! I'm glad you liked the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails