Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Hope Chest Inspired Shower, Part 6: The Shoe Bag and Round Travel Tote


This travel set was made as part of a "Hope Chest" Gift Basket that I made for my niece, Kelly's, Tea Party Shower last July.  (See HERE for details of the Tea Party Shower, an explanation of the Hope Chest' gift project, and the first set of gifts.  See Here, Here, Here, and Here for Parts 2, 3, 4, & 5).

In checking over the photos that I made prior to wrapping the gifts, I have made the sad discovery that I didn't take pictures of some of the gifts at all and many of the photos that I did take, are of very poor quality.  I  apologize! This set was inspired by some travel bags and totes in some of the Australian magazines:  Handmades . (I am no longer able to find them in the shops here in Florida and I treasure the ten issues that I have.  I don't know if they have gone out of business like so many of my other favorite magazines.  Does anyone out there know?)  I chose lavender and purple to complement Kelly's wedding colors.   The cylindrical shaped bag (shaped circular bottom) on the left was made with a Kona cotton and a lovely piece of lawn that my friend, Jana, gave me.  It had the hand of a Liberty and was a joy to work with.  The bag contained a pair of pretty vintage edged glass goblets tied with purple and lavender ribbons.  (One of the pictures I didn't take! :(   ).  I thought that the bag could hold some of the items she would be taking on her honeymoon.
 The bag above is a divided shoe bag made with more of the Kona cotton and a piece of an antique hand embroidered and crocheted dresser scarf.
 I lined it in the lovely lawn and divided the bag with more of the lavender fabric trimmed with ribbon.  I am hoping that she really uses the bag when she travels or that she uses it to store her beautiful wedding shoes.
My shoes are 'modeling' here!

I hope that you are enjoying taking a peek into the 'Hope Chest' Basket and that you come back later this week to see the bread basket cloth I hand embroidered for sweet Kelly and her husband.  I will also be sharing a post on my favorite teacups and linking it to Sandi's Tea Time Tuesday's 5th Anniversary Party.

Blessings to you!

May God be gracious to us and bless us and make His face shine upon us.  Psalm 67:1

5 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed seeing all the lovely handmade gifts that you made for the shower. They are truly works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you have enjoyed them! I really enjoyed working on all the different things. I kept coming up with more and more things I wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely! I like the lawn you used, and the pretty embroidered piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charity! I was given that lawn by my dear friend Jana. It made me happy to use it for something special for Kelly.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails