Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Simple Abundance

My Heart Sister Jana gave this book to me as a gift a few months ago. What a treasure it is! This is a day book of inspiration unlike any I have read before. Each day has given me something to think about and is helping to see things in a different light. Sarah Ban Brethnach has amazing insight!
The message for January 11 really resonated with me. I want to share parts of it with you. I hope it touches something in you.
"It's time we put thoughts of lack behind us. It's time for us to discover the secrets of the stars, to sail to an uncharted land, to open up a new heaven where our spirits can soar. But first we'll have to make changes. And lasting change does not happen overnight. Lasting change happens in infinitesimal increments: a day, an hour, a minute, a heartbeat at a time. And the change I'm encouraging you to make with me is fundamental. Take a deep breath. We're going to learn to become optimists.
"Now be reassured. Optimism, like the happiness habit, can be learned. Start today with a little experiment. Smile at everyone you meet. Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive.....A simply abundant world awaits." (The emphasis is mine.) Isn't Sarah wonderful? I more than highly recommend this book. It can be life changing!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails