Thursday, July 15, 2021

Vintage Linens

 Avaleigh's Vintage Pillowcase Sundress

!

I have been missing from the blog world for a long time.  I still check some blogs and love to see what other people are sewing, cooking, reading, and crafting and... I have not been idle.  I have LOTS to share!  I now have lots of free time to do so now that I have retired from teaching after a 46 year career. 

This little dress was made for a dear friend and colleague's first grandchild several years ago.  I used a gorgeous hand embroidered vintage pillowcase for the skirt.  Check out that pretty crocheted edging!  (I believe that I may have the 'sister' to this case in my stash.  At least I hope I do!)  The fabric for the bodice is a lovely pansy print that matched perfectly that I had left over from making my daughter's Easter dress when she was two and a half.


The pattern used was an old one that can still be found online: " Medora's Sundress and Jumper" by Beaucoup.  I have used it many times before.  It slips over the head easily and ties on the shoulders.  It is cool and comfortable to wear in the summer heat.



I made a little tied bow headband using Little Lizard King's "Winnie Pinnie" pattern to go with it.


Using someone's beautiful handwork made long ago makes me so happy!  
I hope you have a day filled with happiness!

2 comments:

  1. That's a delightful little dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have you back! Your sewing is an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails