Saturday, August 3, 2019

A Tiny Smocked Sundress

A Sundress for a Special Doll


Little girls have always loved their dolls and all that goes with them.  I adored playing with my dolls, especially the baby dolls and saved them for a long time.  I used to make my dolls' clothes by hand using my mother's fabric scraps.  I believe that I was about six when I received a Shirley Temple doll.  My grandmother knitted, crocheted, and tatted beautiful clothes for her.  I still have the Tiny Tears baby doll that I received from Santa when I was five years old.  Her name was Elizabeth and she was my absolute favorite.  She keeps me company in my sewing room along with my daughter's three Pleasant Company Dolls (American Girl dolls).

The little smocked sundress modeled by my daughter's doll is the smallest piece of smocking that I have ever done!   I made it several years ago and sold it to a friend at school for her little girl.  


Dress Pattern:  Annie's Sundress & Jumper by Primrose Lane
Slip:  Self drafted
Panties Pattern:  ???
Fabric, Venice Lace, & Piping:  Stash
Smocking Plate:  My own design, I think.


I made a little half slip and fancy panties to go with the outfit. I actually put tiny buttons and buttonholes on the back!



This post makes me feel a bit nostalgic!  I might be making doll clothes again soon!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails