Monday, September 2, 2013

Smocked Baby Bonnet for Beckers

 Talented Charity of Say Grr Sewing recently had her third child, a beautiful baby girl nicknamed 'Beckers'.  Charity has amazed me with the how much sewing she accomplishes with two very little girls and now she has another little angel!  I believe God blesses young mothers with extra energy!

Charity's recent 'flip' for the Flip this Pattern Series at Frances Suzanne was truly creative, innovative, and beautiful and yet very wearable.  She made the dress look like a morning glory flower complete with a hand embroidered butterfly on the petal collar. Stunning!  Check it out HERE.

Charity is always so kind when she comments on my posts and I feel like I have gotten to know her a little through her blog.  I wanted to do a little something for the new baby so I made a smocked bonnet.  The fabric is Imperial Batiste with Cluny lace.  I smocked it with an adaptation of 'Genny' by Ellen McCarn.  I used the first five rows of Design I but I 'did my own thing' with the embroidery in the center of the cable rows. I love to smock but I love to embroider even more!
I checked my blog list this afternoon and found that Charity has posted photos of 'Beckers' in the bonnet I made her.  I can't tell you how touched I was to see those photos.  I don't often get to see the smocked baby things I make on real babies.  It was such a special surprise to see these pictures and so nice to know that Charity will use the bonnet and not just put it away.  I would rather something I made was worn to the point of being threadbare than put aside to save for 'the future'.  I feel that way about a lot of things, actually.  We use our linens and china, etc.  All we are sure of is today!

If you want to see how very sweet a smocked bonnet looks on a beautiful baby girl, check out Charity's post HERE.

Have a lovely evening!  Blessings, Karen

4 comments:

  1. The bonnet is gorgeous, Karen! You are so gifted at embroidery.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! I love making baby things!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the lovely bonnet! Also for the sweet comments. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails