Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thank You Dresses

I started a tradition several years ago of sewing an end of the year thank you for the wonderful volunteers in my  classroom.  This year Project Run & Play helped me get a head start on this end of the school year sewing with Season Six's sew-along.  I made Kate's Birds and Butterflies Dress.  (See it HERE.) I also made Jannon's Dots and Stripes Tea Party Dress.  (See it HERE.)  I have one more dress to do before Wednesday and it is half finished!  This will be the first year that I am not delivering the dresses after the school year closes!  Yippee!

As I was sewing a 'thank you dress' the other day, I realized that I have several several TQ (thank you) dresses that I have never shared on this blog.  (There was over a year that I didn't blog at all when my husband was sick.)  I will be sharing some of those dresses over the next week or so.  Almost all of the dresses are sundresses and the moms or their daughters picked out the silhouette.  Most requested Annie's Sundress and Jumper by Primrose Lane.  It fits well, has a full twirly skirt, and the ties on the shoulder make the dress last for more than just one season.

This one was for Allyssa and her mommy wanted the Annie dress again.  (I had her older sister two years before.)  I decided to change it up just a bit and square off the bodice and then add straps for tying.   The panel on the front was made with two coordinating fabrics and some cluny lace.  (It really was centered properly but I took a crooked photo of the dress!) I lined the bodice in the same green fabric featured on the front and put in a one inch growth tuck.
 The back tied with a big bow.
 The following dress is one of the few that I have made from this pattern that I didn't change more than the fullness of the skirt and the added the growth tuck at the hemline.
 I just LOVED this fabric! It is by Debbie Mumm for Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts.  There is a little more than a yard and a half put aside for a granddaughter some day.  I made this dress for Grace. (I recently made her First Communion dress:  see HERE.)
 The tied pockets on this pattern are so cute!
More to come!  Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. What lucky little volunteers you have! I really love the second dress. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both dresses are beautiful! What a special way to say thank you to your volunteers.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails