Sunday, September 8, 2019

Summer PJ's for Chloe & Hudson


Sister and Brother
by Raphaella Vaisseau

Believe and admire
Protect and show
Watch and listen
Love and know

A brother's love 
is a sister's 
greatest treasure

A sister's happiness
is a brother's
deepest desire

Know that you are loved

Chloe and Hudson 
Chloe and Hudson are the Birthday Twins belonging to my dear friend Kaye.  They were born five years apart to the day!  When Kaye took the 'littles', as she calls them, on a trip to the Northeast two summers ago she asked me to make Chloe another pair of baby doll pajamas.  (See this POST for the first set I made that she wore on stage for a school show.)  This time I was able to take my time and construct something I think was more comfortable to wear.  I used an old favorite sundress pattern and went up a size for sleeping comfort and decided to make straps that buttoned in the back (flat buttons) instead of shoulder ties.  I made shorts this time instead of bloomers and trimmed them with the same lace that is on the bodice of the top.  I used another old favorite pantaloon pattern for the shorts that I shortened for a looser fit.

There was a bit of extra seahorse fabric so I made Hudson a pair of sleeping shorts using another favorite pattern and sewed in the creases in the front so that they would always look ironed.  The littles loved their matching jammies!


There was still a bit of fabric left and I still had some time so I made Chloe's American Girl doll a matching set of baby dolls, too.  More fun for me!  I didn't have any more of the Nemo ribbon for the doll's outfit so I used an anchor stitch on my Janome to mimic the look.  

Patterns:  Baby Doll Top:  'Medora's Sundress & Jumper'
 by Beaucoup
Baby Doll Bottoms:  'Christy' by Kay Guiles
Hudson's Shorts:  Australian Smocking & Embroidery #78
 'Busy Beez'
Doll Pattern:  Adaptation of some old pattern drawn on a paper bag!
  No clue to the original pattern's name.
 Fabric & Notions:  All from my stash



So Sweet!
May they be blessed with
this loving relationship forever!


I am also so glad that 
my daughter and son have each other.
Blessings, 
Karen







2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails