Friday, June 22, 2018

Project Run & Play Sew-Along: Streak, Stroke, Stripe, Part 2

Flowers & Stripes for Chloe


This was a sweet little summer wardrobe addition for my dear friend Kaye's little girl, Chloe, two summers ago!  I found it in my "Chloe" file when I was uploading photos from our photo shoot today and realized two things:  I had never blogged about it before and it has stripes in both pieces!  Perfect for this week's challenge for Project Run & Play!

Blouse pattern:  Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress & Top
Shorts Pattern:  an old Simplicity pattern (I can't remember!), adapted.
Fabrics:  Left over eyelet and plisse' from JoAnn Crafts 
(both in stash forever!)
Cluny lace


Notice the flower stripes in the eyelet fabric! They echo the vertical stripes in the plisse'.


I made the little ties just by drawing an elongated oval with petal points and cutting two per tie, sewing around the perimeter,  trimming, turning, and slip stitching the opening.  Next, I made a buttonhole for each tie on the sides of the shorts.  Finally, I knotted the ties in a square knot through the buttonhole and around the hem of the shorts.


I am linking this to the Project Run & Play Stripes Sew-Along challenge HERE.  I hope you will check out the other striped goodies on 
Project Run & Play HERE, too!  

Now to edit all the photos taken of Chloe today and get it blogged and linked in time for tomorrow's deadline.  
It sure is a good thing that I am on the long summer break from school!


5 comments:

  1. You're certainly turning out a lot of very charming little outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose this pattern when I won my season. Still haven't made it, but this is reminding me how cute it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done integrated knots near hems before, but I like the simplicity of a separate knot piece and a buttonhole- and it turned out darling here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails