Friday, June 15, 2018

Project Run & Play Sew Along: Sew Your Stash Part 2

Summer Clothes For Sweethearts!


I am officially having too much fun!  I am sewing up a storm (sewing every day) and I am getting to have some fun with the little cuties for whom I have been sewing!  As a kindergarten teacher, my sewing time is limited during the school year.  I am having the best time creating things and getting to have photo shoots with the little girls who are the recipients of the outfits.  

Just look at the faces of these precious little girls!

Top Row:  Tatum & Harper
Bottom Row:  Rory & Rosalie (A.K.A. Honey Bee)
The little girls are the daughters of teacher friends.  I am the oldest on my kindergarten team of five.  In fact, I have been teaching at my school since 1988 when we opened.  I love teaching and I love my team and my school!  It is pretty wonderful to enjoy going to work every day.  Although I am certainly 'grandmother age', my own children are only in their early twenties and I have no grandchildren...yet.  So, I choose to sew for the children of my friends! Their mom's have more modern tastes and pull me into this decade with more boutique and casual styles and less heirloom (my preference).  I have to say, though, that I have certainly had fun making these things and getting to see them on the children. 


For this set, I used the same pattern for all four children:  Simplicity # 1472.  I have made it before several times.  The pattern goes from size 1/2 to 4.  I made Honey Bee a size 2 (age 2), Rory a size 3 (age 3), Harper a size 4 (age 5), and Tatum a size 4 adapted with added width to a size 5 (age almost 6).  I used an orange sea creatures print gifted to me several years ago for two of the dresses and Honey Bee's top.  All the contrasting fabrics are left-overs pieces from other projects.  Rory's sundress was made with three coordinating prints I purchased a long time ago.  (I can't remember when!)  Rory loves mermaids! Honey Bee's bloomers/knickers/pantaloons (depending on where they were situated on her body!) are from an old jeans dress of mine! Yay!  Re-purposed!


The hat was for Rory but I forgot to take photos of her wearing it.
  It looked adorable on her, though!

Almost all the photos of Honey Bee had some part that was blurry.
Just like a honey bee's wings, sometimes Honey Bee is too fast to photograph!



The back of this little dress is so cute and definitely cool for the summer heat!





That's a wrap!  One more Stash Busting Post to try to get finished by tomorrow night.  Stay tuned!

Don't forget to visit Project Run & Play to see all the stash designs by the official contestants (HERE) and the sew-along contestants (HERE)


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet lady you are to sew for your friends children!! And keep that sewing machine motor purring, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It gives me as much pleasure as it gives them!

    I get to put in some time every day during the summer break.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails