Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What an Honor!

AS&E Issues #39 and #89

One of my favorite magazines of all time is Australian Smocking and Embroidery. I have every issue from #21 through #89 with a few of the even earlier editions. The beautiful photography, gorgeous children, clear patterns, and lovely projects have inspired many of my own projects. I was thrilled in 1997 to have a photo of my sweet Victoria-Rose published in the Reader's Gallery of issue #39. Her's is the center photo on the bottom in the next photo.
Yesterday the latest issue (#89) was in my mailbox and it is a beauty! Now I need to tell you that I savor this magazine like fine Hagen Daz ice cream. No quick gobbling for me. I take my time. I turn the pages slowly and read every word and look at every advertizement. Imagine my surprise and delight to read that my blog is mentioned in a new feature called Things We Love! At first my thoughts were, "I can't believe that there is another blog with my title". Then it hit me! That is MY BLOG that they are talking about! To say that I am thrilled is a tremendous understatement!


There is something for everyone in this issue and five of the items were designed by American needle artists! There are 9 stunning projects that range from a T-yoke infant dress with lovely embroidery to a smocked and beaded notebook cover. One little girl's top features smocking over the ribs in a sweater! The patterns range in size from infant to 10 years. Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails