Saturday, December 5, 2009

Newborn Christmas Ensemble

Well, I was actually sorry to wrap this project up. I enjoyed this one from start to finish. It is all wrapped in tissue paper and placed in a cloth covered keepsake box ready to be delivered to a very special baby girl.
I used the "Adore'e" pattern by Kay Treble in Australian Smocking & Embroidery #78 for the patterns for the dress, diaper cover (panties), and booties. The bonnet pattern is adapted for a newborn from a Grace Knott pattern.
I added about 8 and one half inches to the length of the dress to make it a daygown and replaced the machine scalloped edging with French lace. I also used a different smocking plate for the dress and bonnet. I used Ellen McCarn's 1981 "First Christmas" plate. I adapted the second design (Holly) for the bonnet. This plate is still available at many online shops. I checked one of my favorites before posting (farmhousefabrics.com) and they have it and many other great Ellen McCarn plates.



I hope you enjoyed looking at my new creation as much as I did making it!

2 comments:

  1. Karen that is gorgeous!!! The new mom will be thrilled..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning. Won't that baby girl be beautiful in this ensemble. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails