Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Raffle For the P.T.A.

On the last Friday in October my school had a Fall Festival that was well attended. There are all sorts of games, food, and fun for the families at a very low cost. Last year I started my own personal tradition of making some things for our PTA to raffle to help defray some of their costs. It proved very successful. This year I made an outfit for 18 inch dolls like the American Girl Doll and a size 6-7 Christmas outfit for a little girl. I took photos of the doll outfit and blogged about it in November but realized that I hadn't taken any photos of the child's outfit! (I still can't believe it!) Fortunately, a friend at school took these photos and emailed them to me. The outfits were displayed on the counter of the office for a week before the festival.

This little cape was lined in red and appliqued with a couple of the motifs from the dress fabric.

The dress is the Petal Knot Dress from Portabellopixie and was made with two companion holiday novelty prints and a piece of white eyelet.

The little peasant blouse was made from the eyelet fabric with some pretty cluny lace on the sleeves.
Yes, that is me in our cafeteria selling the raffle tickets. I love that pumpkin hat and have worn it every Fall Festival for at least 8 years! My daughter just laughs amd my son winces! I am proud to say that we sold over 130 tickets for these outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails