Saturday, July 17, 2021

Vintage Linens

 Another Sundress For Avaleigh



This is another little sundress made for my friend's first granddaughter several years ago.  This time I used a vintage cut work hand towel and some Cluny lace to fashion the overlay on the bodice.  All the materials came from my stash and I don't recall the fabric details.  I do remember that their wasn't much of the pink floral at all and I used ribbon on the hemline to conceal the tiny turned to the front hem.  There was just enough of the dark sage fabric to create the straps and the bloomers.  


The pattern is "Ginger", one of the early Violette Fields Threads patterns in a size 2.    This pattern was an easy one to make and fit well with the elastic casings in the back.  It was a favorite of Avaleigh's mother, a young woman I have known since she herself was a toddler!



Sundresses are perfect for hot weather! 
 I hope that you are staying cool and enjoying the pleasures of the season!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails