Thursday, October 24, 2019

Fruit Slice Skirts


Back in 2012 Kristin at Skirt As Top posted a tutorial on how to make the most adorable little fruit stripe skirts.  I just loved the idea and tucked it away on my Pinterest Board.  You can find her tutorial HERE.  Last year I finally got around to making two of them for my friend Rachel's little girls.  I also made Harper and Rory pretty peasant blouses to wear with them.  Fun!

I made Harper an Orange Slice skirt.


Rory received the Lemon Slice Skirt.


The peasant blouses that I made were similar with the same fabric but with different trimming on the sleeves.  I used Simplicity #4206 for the blouse with added width and length to the sleeves to make them puffier.


I know that I will be making more of these little skirts in the future.  Perhaps a watermelon or a lime? 





1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails