Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lauren's Holiday Dress Set


This was made for a friend's little girl last year.  I love using border prints, especially wide borders. They make such a lovely built-in embellished effect and are time savers when you need a pretty dress but you don't have a lot of time to sew.   I used my all-time favorite pattern Primrose Lane's "Annie's Sundress and Jumper" for the dress and a simple peasant blouse pattern for the blouse. It is a classic style that always meets with the approval of the little girls I sew for.   I used a wider skirt width for the skirts for more 'twirl' and added a sash. Lining in a contrast fabric makes for pretty ties at the shoulders.

You can find this pattern and many more lovely designs at http://www.primroselanepatterns.com/ .I hope you are finding some time to do a little holiday sewing, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails