Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yummy Cake

I was so pleased to be asked to make my godchild Jordan's 11 birthday cake recently. She asked for a white cake with cream cheese icing and fruit. I used vanilla and almond flavorings in the batter for the cake and a jar of seedless raspberry spreadable fruit as the filling. I made a large batch of cream cheese frosting flavored with more vanilla and almond extracts. The frosting is easy and delicious.


Cream Cheese Frosting




1 whole 8 oz. pkg. reg. cream cheese, softened


1 and 3/4 boxes 10X confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)


small amount of milk


1 teaspoon each vanilla and almond extracts




Beat sugar into softened cheese, adding a little milk (1 teaspoon at a time) until just shy of desired consistency. Beat in extracts and more milk (if needed) for spreading.










My mother requested an orange and strawberry cake for her 80th birthday. I substitued the grated peel of a navel orange for the almond flavoring (but left in the vanilla). It tasted like a Dreamcicle (orange/vanilla popcicle). It made me happy to make my mother happy!





1 comment:

  1. What lovely and lovingly made cakes! When there's love baked in, the celebration is even better. Thanks for sharing, dear and talented Karen. xo, Jana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails