Monday, November 9, 2009

Autumn Is In the Air For Dolls, Too

I just love sewing for dolls! There is never a fitting problem and they smile at everything I make! Some of the very first things that I sewed as a child were clothes for my Chatty Cathy. (Do you remember her?) I was quite brave as a little girl and tackled dressmaking without a pattern and sewed the little dresses all by hand. I wish I still had those early creative attempts!



This little 4-piece set was purchased with several other sets as a special birthday present for a special little girl. The applique on the front of the tunic top is taken from a larger Halloween print. The smokey pearl buttons match the charcoal stripe in the plaid. The white linen peasant blouse is trimmed with grosgrain ribbon to coordinate with the applique thread and can be worn with the shorts without the tunic. I had fun decorating the tiny autumn shopping/gift bag with little Mary Englebrite calendar pictures. Aren't those little brown suede maryjane's cute?












1 comment:

  1. These pictures make me want to get out my dolls and dress them, but for the most part, they only have one outfit each! LOL It is almost time to dress my sweet Lily Feythe in the Christmas outfit you made for her several years ago. Right now she's in her school clothes. I love what you said about sewing for dolls! xo, Jana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails