Monday, October 21, 2019

A Smocked Bonnet for Vivian

"Booties and bonnets, ribbons, and lace
Little stuffed toys all over the place!"
Unknown


One of my oldest and dearest friends, Sherri, had her first grandchild this year.  What a blessing sweet Vivian is to her family!  She is the child of Sherri's younger son.  Sherri and I met while in college and have been friends ever since.  She had her first son while still in her twenties and I didn't have any children until my forties!  However, she had been waiting quite a while to be a grandmother and spoiled my children silly!

This smocked bonnet was one of the shower gifts I sent to Texas.  Vivian has modern parents but I thought that they might enjoy a little bit of vintage charm.  


Smocking Plate:  'Strawberries & Flowers' by Ellen McCarn.

Adjustable drawstring crown to grow with baby!

 I am linking this post to Shabby Art Boutique at   https://www.shabbyartboutique.com/2019/10/create-bake-grow-gather-party-389.html
Check out all the other lovely links!


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails