Saturday, July 4, 2015

Oliver+S Lazy Days Skirt for Kayla's Fourth of July

I am grateful and proud to be an American! 
Happy Independence Day!
 
 
I made this little outfit for a fellow teacher/friend's little girl.  Kayla will be three next month and wears size 4-6 in RTW.  This is another outfit using the O+S free Lazy Days Skirt and the Simplicity #1472 halter top.  This time I added another blouse to the set for mix and match wear with the things she already has in her closet.  The top was made using another fabric remnant from my stash.  It is a lovely embroidered piece that I used to make a sundress for my daughter about 14 years ago.  I love it when I can use up the pretty bits and pieces I have saved!

 
The back is so attractive with that big bow!



The skirt is made with a batik I fell in love with at JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts and some jacquard ribbon trim featuring blue and white flowers on a red ground.  I added some width to the skirt piece making it 56 inches around.


The peasant top is made with a lovely dotted 'Swiss' type lawn I found at JoAnn's a couple of years ago.  The blue and red on the white background make it perfect for wearing with red, blue, white, or jeans for the holiday weekend.  It is so soft!  I decided to give it a tuck at the hemline to add a bit of weight to the blouse and tiny French lace edging to the sleeves.  I thought about the lace after I had already hemmed the sleeve so I just teeny-tiny zig-zagged the lace to the edges.


 
 
Happy Fourth of July!  God bless America!  God bless us ALL!

5 comments:

  1. That embroidered remnant is gorgeous! It looks really sweet with the big bow in the back. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charity! These little outfits are much faster to sew than my usual sewing. It is satisfying to get an outfit made in a short time.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I adore the dotted swiss fabric, my mother always called that 'hailspot'.
    Either way, it is lovely.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the name 'hailspot'. It is so appropriate for the fabric! You are so nice to stop by and leave such nice comments!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails