Thursday, December 20, 2012

Delaney's Holiday Dress


This was made as a gift for a beautiful blonde blue-eyed angel to wear with a white blouse or red or white mock turtleneck.  I used another wide holiday border print from my stash that I absolutely love.  You can't see it in the pictures, but the sugar on the sweets sparkles like real sugar!  The background is a dark blue, not black.  It's a dark print for a very small little girl but I think the bright and busy border makes up for it!
The pattern I used is 'Baby Annie' by Primrose Lane.  This is the little sister version of 'Annie's Sundress and Jumper'.  The big difference in the pattern is the back.  This one opens with a buttoned back bodice and lapped placket.  I like this addition to the pattern for the aesthetics as well as the practicality of getting a wiggly, uncooperative baby into the dress.  The dress also features a romper version which is adorable, too.

The pattern can be found at:
(I have no affiliation with the company.  I just love her patterns!)
Happy Holidays and Happy Sewing!  I hope you are having fun and trying to reduce the stress this season sometimes (often?) brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails