Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chloe's Hungry Caterpillar Play Set

Bad photography!  I cut off a corner of the top.  Goodness!
 Happy Sunday!  Eric Carle books make me smile with their charming artwork and bright colors.  I am so very glad that he decided to have fabric made from some of the precious art in his books!  The Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric line has been out for several years and actually was released in two different fabric lines.  They make wonderful quilts and bedding items for wee people's rooms.  He has several other lines from other books out now (The Very Grouchy Ladybug, Rubber Ducks, etc.).  Many quilt stores carry his lines and you can also buy fabric from the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.   http://www.carlemuseum.org/Home
This little appliqued patch is from a fabric that has lines of the food our hungry friend ate!  The patch was straight.  Really.  My set-up and photography was crooked!  
 I am in love with the bold and bright colors!  It makes me very happy to make clothing using his fabrics!  This outfit was made for a co-worker's daughter over a year ago.  Her mommy was teaching pre-K at the time and was teaching an Eric Carle unit.  She purchased the "holes" fabric and I had some of the other fabric left from another project so that I could surprise her and make it reversible.
 The pattern for both the Summer Top and Pan*ty is "Sydney" by Bonnie Blue Designs.  The pattern contains six sizes from 3 months to 3 years.  The pattern was truly very easy.
Back view of the top with the purple fabric peeking out.  Such a scrumptious purple color and taken from an actual piece of paper that Mr. Carle made to use in his collage art work.
There are several other projects that I will be showing you using The Very Hungry Caterpillar line of fabrics.  Have you made anything using his designs?  I'd love to hear about them and to see!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Thanks so much for your Birthday wishes to Brenna on Heather and Vanessa's blog.
    I wish Eric Carle had fabric when she was little, his books were our favorite!!!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails